ISTQB® International Software Testing Qualifications Board was established in November 2002 in Edinburgh as a non-profit association. The organization has been operating globally and deals with certification of software testers’ qualifications.
ISTQB Certificates are documents confirming the knowledge and professional qualifications that:
- are recognizable and respected worldwide,
- are required by most IT companies,
- enable to start a career as a qualified software tester.
The objective of the course is to prepare the participants to take ISTQB Foundation exam by means of, among all, acquainting them with the most significant issues concerning software testing and software testing management. Accreditation granted by IT Systems Quality Association (SJSI) confirms that both the knowledge and the practical exercises covered by the course correspond, in a full scope, to the foundation level plan drafted by ISTQB.
Thanks to the course the participants shall:
- learn about the importance of software testing in the process of software development,
- familiarize themselves with the basics of software testing,
- learn the meaning and purpose of tests, as a part of quality assurance, in the software life-cycle,
- become acquainted with test design techniques as well as test management techniques,
- acquire the knowledge vital for gaining international software testing competence certificate: ISTQB Certified Tester – Foundation Level (CFTL).
Practical exercises performed as part of the course shall prove that, apart from grounding the theoretical knowledge, error detection is possible already at the test design and preparation stage.
- Software Testing Basics
- Where does software testing begin
- quality criteria and their definition
- how to measure software quality
- liability limits for manufacturer and tester
- how to cooperate with software developers
- tester’s dos and don’ts
- basic test process – how to begin testing to perform it successfully
- Testing in a software lifecycle
- development methodologies – pros and cons
- how to plan effective and efficient tests
- Static testing
- how to test before running the software
- review as a testing tool
- Test design and management
- how to create tests
- defining quality criteria
- white and black box tests
- how to use experience in software testing
- proper selection of testing techniques
- planning and estimating testing effort
- what is configuration and how to use it
- tools in test organization, elaboration and execution
- the role of risk in software testing
- managing and disposing of incidents
- test preparation – practical exercises
ISTQB Certification is addressed mainly to testers, developers, project leaders and all individuals involved in the software development process who want to deepen their knowledge and understanding of software testing, hence, to cooperate with other team members more effectively.
On-line exam shall take place in an accredited certification center and is held in Polish and English.
The offered course is addressed to Testers, Developers, Team Leaders, Analysts, Designers, Project Leaders and individuals responsible for decisions concerning ICT projects. Since effective software testing requires both knowledge and experience, the course syllabus has been designed to fulfill the needs of all those who:
- are entering the field of software testing and have partial knowledge in this matter,
- need to bring order to the already existing body of knowledge,
- wish to manage software testing more effectively.
Lectures supplemented by presentations and practical exercises (optional discussion concerning the most interesting issues)
Training course authorized by
Czas trwania minut
- Do rozpoczęcia