Selenium is the most popular freeware tool used for web applications testing automation. Thanks to free libraries it is possible to create automated scripts in all popular programming languages (Java, Python, C#), which allows unlimited possibilities to develop useful solutions that improve and enhance testers’ everyday work.
The purpose of the course „Introduction to automation using Selenium” is to acquaint participants with the most significant issues concerning the automation of actions performed via popular web browsers.
After having completed the course the participants shall:
- learn what types of tests are worth automating,
- how to use automation to increase the effectiveness of everyday work,
- how to create automated scripts in Selenium IDE,
- how to create, trigger and maintain more advanced automated scripts using Selenium Webdriver and Java.
Workshop nature of the course allows participants to easily incorporate the presented material and to use it in practice.
- Introduction to automation
- Selenium IDE / Selenium IDE
- tool installation
- introducing the most important functions of Selenium IDE
- Selenium IDE workshops
- automated testing scripts
- Internet application elements identification
- manipulating elements of webpages – crucial Selenium IDE commands
- using assertion and verification
- advanced functions of the tool
- practical exercises using Selenium IDE
- Selenium Webdriver
- introduction to tool and its main assumptions
- architecture description
- Selenium Webdriver vs. Selenium IDE
- Workstation configuration
- Why use frameworks? – introduction to TestNG
- Selenium Webdriver Workshops
- most significant TestNG mechanisms
- scripts triggering reporting
- triggering scripts on various browsers
The course is addressed to basic Java programmers, including:
- as well as all employees, whose duties concern usage of web applications and who are interested in automating some of these duties.
Training course authorized by
Czas trwania minut
- Do rozpoczęcia